08 Mar CLIMATE CHANGE
Posted at 14:22h in Talking Points
The PC narrative: Climate change is real; it is caused by man; it is the gravest threat to the entire planet; it can only be stopped by man….and if even if the alarmists are all wrong, we can’t afford to ignore them because there is a chance that they might be right.
Talking truth in America and about America:
- ‘Climate change’ has occurred on Earth for billions of years, and will continue to occur; there is no thermostat-like setting of global temperature which is or has ever been constant; no one need assume or be afraid that a severe weather event is proof of anything but a severe weather event.
- Climate change became the alarmist label only because global warming projections of the past 20 years proved demonstrably false (as did global cooling projections from 50 years ago).
- Despite universal computer modeling forecasting extensive warming and catastrophic consequences well before 2015, all such predictions have been wrong (and massively so). The most advanced technological measurements show no significant warming over the past 18 years.
- What exactly would control of climate change look like if it were achieved? Still four seasons? Some seasons longer? Some shorter? Winter with 18” of snow? 17”? A fixed number of storms in specified areas? No floods? No droughts? Summer heat of 103◦ instead of 104◦? The point: how would we ever know?
- UN plans for combating global climate change primarily through industrial controls, by their own terms, project a reduction of warming by less than half a degree over 30+ years. Why are such plans worth pursuing?