27 Jul Forget the Court Rulings…The Answer to Obamacare is: REPEAL
Recent conflicting federal appellate court decisions have raised new questions about the viability of Affordable Care Act (ACA, aka Obamacare)) in relation to state exchanges, the federal exchange and eligibility for related subsidies. Like most appellate court decisions, there’s more legalese than most people can stand to read.
The quickie summary is that the DC Circuit ruled 2-1 that the plain language of the ACA means what it says, and therefore that the IRS is not authorized to administer premium subsidies in the 36 states that did not set up their own insurance exchanges. A different federal appeals court, the 4th Circuit in Virginia, ruled that the IRS can administer those subsidies despite the clear language of the ACA, which prohibits that. Go figure.
The majority of Americans do understand that there is one remedy for the catastrophe that is Obamacare: REPEAL EVERY WORD OF IT. The 2014 election cycle should be framed for voters to make that choice, with the Republican candidate for every office standing foursquare for repeal. And the American people need to step up with their votes and deliver the Republican supermajorities in the House and Senate to enable repeal to override any Presidential veto.
Ronald Reagan talked about the need for ‘bold colors’—for political parties to present clear choices to voters. Now is the time.
Here are the core reasons for repeal:
- The President lied, repeatedly, and knowingly, about key elements of Obamacare in attempting to create the illusion of public support. We don’t like to voice that phrase “the President lied”—it just sounds too harsh—but what other phrase fits?
- “If you like your plan, you can keep your plan”—that was a deliberate lie. He knew that statement was false when he said it—more than 25 times.
- “If you like your doctor, you can keep your doctor”—that was a deliberate lie. He knew that statement was false when he said it—many times.
Our government should never have taken over our healthcare system to start with, and to do it on the basis of fraud on the American people must not stand.
- The law was passed without a single Representative or Senator ever having read it. Democrat Nancy Pelosi said “you have to pass it to see what’s in it”. That’s not how we do things in America. We the people never gave our elected representatives the power to pass laws they have never read.
- Poll results since before the law was passed until now, have shown that the American people did not want this law and have never wanted it. Americans with serious health problems and great insurance lost their coverage under the ACA and ended up with poorer healthcare, and many more lost the coverage they liked only to be pushed into policies that cost more and offer less. Enough!
The American people want repeal. Give it to them.
Vote “Republican for Repeal” in 2014.