28 Jan Why It Matters – The January 28th Show
SCOTUS & Gorsuch Step Up
SCOTUS permitted a Trump administration “Public Charge” rule to stand, protecting taxpayers from the burden of funding ever-expanding welfare for ever-growing numbers of new immigrants.
Justice Gorsuch issued a concurring opinion warning lower federal court judges against issuing nationwide injunctions, because those orders exceed the lower courts’ geographic jurisdiction. Lower federal district and circuit court rulings are supposed to govern the parties to the dispute in their own districts only!
Activist liberal federal judges have at least 15 times issued nationwide injunctions blocking enforcement of President Trump’s EO’s, usually involving merit-based immigration
JUSTICE GORSUCH IS RIGHT; IMPOSING RESTRAINT ON ACTIVIST JUDGES IS WAY OVERDUE
Bolton and Impeachment Treachery
- President Trump would be right to hold up aid to Ukraine forever if necessary to flush out money-laundering and other massive corruption of the Obama/Biden admin.
- Joe Biden doesn’t get a shield of protection for his corruption by running for President
THEREFORE: It is irrelevant whether John Bolton says in a book that President Trump thought about, intended, wished, demanded, hoped for, or requested, an investigation into Biden’s corruption
- Trump’s DOJ SHOULD investigate corruption by the previous administration
- Only Beltway elites (like Romney) refuse to acknowledge this common sense reality
BOLTON’S LEAKS/TIMING ARE DESTROYING HIS OWN REPUTATION,
EVEN AMONG CONSERVATIVES…but he apparently doesn’t know it
A vivid reminder of “Clear and Present Danger: China”
- The ‘Chernobyl vibe’ of the CoronaVirus outbreak is disturbing
- A totalitarian communist society is not transparent
Truth is not a value
Human life is cheap
- City of Wuhan known to have bio-warfare labs
- The admitted levels of death and quarantine are serious
This is why, for decades, trade and other relations with China should have been much more carefully managed than they were
The Trump administration has been right on trade; must rise to the occasion on addressing the virus