22 Jul Why It Matters – The July 22nd Show
Bernie’s Bogus Freedom, Bogus Philosophy
• Bernie’s compensation struggles with his own unionized campaign staff shine the light of economic reality on his campaign to mandate higher minimum wage
• Bernie’s willingness to deprive his lowest paid staff of health insurance coverage shows his own self-interested rebellion against socialist-style mandates
Bernie doesn’t believe or practice what he demands for America
Bernie’s campaign proves his ideas don’t work
• Socialism is built on (1) cultivation of envy then entitlement, (2) ignorance of human nature –it severs the tie between reward and hard work & (3) ignoring economic reality
• Colossal failure is the only possible outcome, and modern history proves this!
Venezuela?, Cuba? è Demoralized, desperate people; devastated economies
• The answer to Bernie Sanders’ “Are You REALLY free” is we will LOSE our freedom if we demand “government” – the taxpayers – pay for our every need.
Bernie and AOC and the Dems are selling poison!
Don’t swallow it.
A Socialists’ Conference in DC
The ‘snapshot’ view of life and the economy leads to snapshot policy prescriptions; a godless view of humanity leads to amoral policies:
• Instantaneous wealth redistribution – over and over
• No such thing as merit; only privilege (therefore no point in self-improvement)
• No more individuality or responsibility; just group membership and grievance
• No more men and women; just malleable cell clusters
• Eliminating borders that protect America’s culture & ideals; ‘globalism’ governs
SOCIALISM BRINGS AN END TO FREEDOM
AN END TO THE WORK ETHIC
AND AN END TO BIBLICALLY-BASED MORAL LIVING
The stakes in 2020 are becoming clearer, higher and more fundamental
AMERICA AS FOUNDED, OR AMERICA DESTROYED?
• Secure borders, robustly enforced immigration system, revive the concept of citizenship
• Reassertion of the idea of sovereignty that does not surrender to international organizations at the expense of national strength or wellbeing.
• Re-invigorating the identity of being an American ABOVE racial & ethnic identities
• Separation of powers, protection of the freedoms of speech, religion, assembly
• It is NOT about blind allegiance to geography, or about race, or about group identity politics. It is about loyalty to the idea that we are a country rooted in freedom, and committed to honoring the idea that we each have individual rights to life, liberty and pursuit of happiness…from the Creator.
• Government in our system is there to protect these liberties and our rights, not to control our lives.
THIS COMMITMENT MAKES AMERICA different, special, and exceptional