04 Sep Why It Matters – The September 4th Show
Defining American Education Policy
New York and Minnesota schools get it wrong when they make group identity the basis of education policy. That thinking is a form of tribalism.
AMERICA’s founding ideals:
• “All men (and women) are created equal = One race, the human race
• Respect and cherish the value and potential of each individual child
• End the group identity mindset that dismisses individual worth and merit
Achievement, reward, discipline and punishment should be evaluated and applied on an individual basis
When inequality between races or ethnicities, as to discipline OR achievement, is shown, the answer is not to abandon discipline, OR to ignore or “dumb-down” achievement.
The answers include:
• Digging into the facts about cause of the performance or discipline bias to determine true causes, and deal with them. Expose/expel racial bias where found.
• Help academically disadvantaged kids to catch up. Let achievers keep flourishing.
• Help ALL kids to learn the standards of conduct and discipline that will make them successful in the world.
• Honest assessment of the impact of home life on students’ performance and newly embracing the norm of a healthy, supportive, home life.
Outing Reporter Biases and Agendas
• Americans sensibly prefer straightforward honesty and authenticity from news sources…
“I don’t care if you’re liberal or conservative, just don’t lie to me about who you are, what you believe, and why you’re reporting on this story”
• For too long Americans have been fed agenda-driven-yet-agenda-hidden news reporting defiantly presented as objective fact
• Efforts toward greater transparency on the biases and agendas of reporters is a step in the right direction, but petty, silly gossip about personal lives is not
Americans can figure out the difference.